Monday, May 8, 2006

Buying things I won't use....



Why do I continue to buy things I know I won't use. I went to Jo-Ann Fabric on Saturday and bought the Fiskars Scrapboss 12x12 Embossing System. I brought it home to play with, and tried it out. I bought a couple of extra theme sheets to go with it, and it was good, but I have already put it back inside of the box...probably to never be seen again! I'm not real big on dry embossing anyway. I hsould have learned after the last stamp convention and buying ten zillion of Dream Weavers and Heritage stencils that I used only a few of after I got home. I can't seem to resist...they seem to call my name whie I am there looking at samples. We also stopped by Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has an entire new scrapbooking section from my visit a week ago. The albums and kits were actually very pretty, but they only seemed to have a few themes: babies, cats, dogs, and sports. It is a start though. Oh how I wish I had a REAL store here!!!! I did get a 12x12 pad of transparency printed sheets that I liked, and some pretty ribbon. On a brighter note I am proud of myself for getting a couple of scrapbook pages done this weekend. One heritage type page with pictures of my great grandma, and another of a short vacation to Tennessee. I also managed to do a couple of cards which I'll attach to this post. Both cards were done with what I call the Staz-On technique. Stamp your images in black ink, and cover them with yellow Staz-On ink, then use make-up sponges to add other colors of Staz-On until you like it.....very simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment